IFEMA – International Female Film Festival Malmö is and annual festival screening feature films, shorts and docs by female directors since 2006. The festival is arranged by the non-profit organisation Imagenes del Sur.
THE PURPOSE OF IFEMA
- To screen films made by female directors from Sweden as well as from the rest of the world
- Highlighting the importance of getting far more access to women’s images of the world
- To empower women in the Swedish film industry
- To give the audience more opportunities to see and learn more about women’s film work
- To create an annual platform for gender debate
- To arrange film screenings, conferences, lectures, debates, master classes, workshops and to create a place for women in the film industry to network